Connie K Kraus, Pharm. D., BCPS, R.Ph.
Director--Office of Global Health
1034 Rennebohm Hall
- B.S. 1975 B.S. Pharmacy - University of Wisconsin
- Pharm.D. 1993 Doctor of Pharmacy - University of Wisconsin
Connie earned her B.S. in Pharmacy in 1975 and her Pharm.D. in 1993. She joined the faculty of the University of Wisconsin School of Pharmacy where she serves as a Clinical Professor and the Director of the Office of Global Health. Dr. Kraus teaches women's health in the required pharmacotherapy sequence and evidence-based practice principles across the curriculum. She also coordinates the DPH-3 introductory pharmacy practice experience course as well as an international, public health course entitled, "Health and Disease in Thailand".
Dr. Kraus works as a member of a health care team at Wingra Family Medical Center. Some of her unique contributions to this practice include: implementation and maintenance of a diabetes registry for previewing diabetes visits, co-management of care for patients using warfarin, and active participation in managing a prescription assistance program as well as providing information related to pharmacotherapy to family practice residents and faculty. Connie has served on a number of university-wide committees including the steering committee of the UW Center for Global Health which is developing international and domestic, interprofessional networks to facilitate teaching, practice, and research collaborations.
- Kraus C, Thielke T. Building sustainable global health collaborations. Abstract and poster presentation. US-Thai Consortium meeting. Phuket, Thailand. June 2011.
- Kraus C. Understanding the complexity of type 2 diabetes. 2011 Hawaii CE Seminar. Extension Services in Pharmacy. Maui, Hawaii. February 20, 2011.
- Kraus C. Women's health. 2011 Hawaii CE Seminar. Extension Services in Pharmacy. Maui, Hawaii. February 15, 2011.
- Kraus C. Millennium Development Goals: Roles for Pharmacist and Implications for Global Health Training. 31st Annual Conference of the Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences. University of Limpopo, South Africa. September 16, 2010.
- Traynor A, Kraus C, Duchac A. Transforming Attitude and Passion, TAP into Your Leadership Potential. Student Workshop at the Pharmacy Society of Wisconsin Annual Meeting. August 28, 2010.
- Kraus C. Global Health Considerations. Webinar for Extension Services in Pharmacy. April 7, 2010.
- Kraus C. Evolution of Pharmacy Education. Seminar at the Nizwa University Preceptor Gathering, Muscat, Oman. April 1, 2010.
- Kraus C. Evolution of Pharmacy Education. Seminar at the School of Pharmacy and Nursing, Nizwa University, Oman. March 31, 2010.
- Kraus C. Teaching evidence-based Medicine. Workshop at the School of Pharmacy and Nursing, Nizwa University, Oman. March 29, 2010.
- Kraus C. Interdisciplinary Courses Teaching Public Health, University of Wisconsin Center for Global Health. Sidebar 20-3. In: Truong H, Bresette JL, Sellers JA, eds. The Pharmacist in Public Health. American Pharmacist Association 2010:456.
- Kraus C. Endometriosis. In: Schwinghammer T, DiPiro JT, Talbert RL, et al. Pharmacotherapy Casebook: A Patient-Focused Approach. 8th ed. McGraw-Hill/Appleton & Lange. In press 2010.
- Braxton Lloyd K, Kraus C. Nutrition and Eating Disorders. In: Borgelt L, O'Connell MB, Smith J, Calis K, eds. Women's Health Across the Lifespan: A Pharmacotherapeutic Approach. American Society of Health-system Pharmacists; 2010: 473-492.
- Spensley K, Kraus C. Does proton pump inhibitor (PPI) therapy increase the risk of fractures? Evid Based Pract. 2011;14(6):10-11.
- Kaske B, Kraus C. Cost-effective treatment for uncomplicated acute otitis externa (AOE). Evid Based Pract. 2011:14(6):14.
- Wilhorn S, Kraus C. In patients experiencing acute pain, how does the efficacy and gastrointestinal tolerability of tapentadol compare with oxycodone? Evid Based Pract. 2010;14(3):14.
- Kraus C. Global public health education for pharmacy students. JPSW March, 2010.