- Mailing Address:
- School of Pharmacy
- University of Wisconsin
- 777 Highland Avenue
- Madison, WI 53705
- 2503 Rennebohm Hall
- Social and Administrative Sciences Division
- David Mott
- James Ford II
Chi-Yin Liao, MS, BPharm
Chi-Yin is a PhD student in the Health Services Research in Pharmacy Program at UW-Madison. Chi-Yin is interested in health policy and health economics, with a main focus on health care utilization. She has been trained in quasi-experimental design and has experience in applying economic evaluation methods for marketing authorization of pharmaceuticals. She is also a member of Ford Research Group and has worked with James Ford II studying the effect of a nursing home antibiotic stewardship program and antibiotic utilization in assisted-living facilities.
Chi-Yin recently earned a Master's degree in Health Services Research in Pharmacy in 2019. Prior to joining the PhD program at UW-Madison in the Fall of 2017, She worked as a pharmacist from 2012-16 at the National Taiwan University Hospital, and as a researcher in the National Taiwan University Health Data Research Center in 2016-17.
MS in Health Services Research in Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin-Madison (2019)
BS in Pharmacy, National Taiwan University, Taipei Taiwan (2012)
- Liao, CY, Mott, D, Ford II, J, Look, KA, Hayney, M. (2021). Influenza vaccination rates and location for receiving the influenza vaccination among older adult Medicare beneficiaries. Journal of the American Pharmacists Association.
- Liao, CY., Nace, D., Crnich, C., Bahrainian, M., Ford II, J. (2020). Effect of antibiotic time-outs on modification of antibiotic prescriptions in nursing homes. Infection Control Hospital Epidemiology, 1-6. doi:10.1017/ice.2020.75
- Ko BS, Chen LJ, Huang HH, Wen YC, Liao CY, Chen HM, Hsiao FY. (2018). Subtype‐specific Epidemiology of Lymphoid Malignancies in Taiwan Compared to Japan and the United States, 2002‐2012. Cancer Med, 7(11), 5820-5831.
- Liao CY, Ford JH, Crnich CJ. Antibiotic Prescribing Patterns for Residents in Assisted Living Facilities. (2020). Open Forum Infect Dis, 7(supp1), s122-s123.
- Liao CY, Wang CY, Chan KA, Hsiao FY. (2018). Cost-effectiveness Study of alectinib in Treating crizotinib-failed ALK+ NSCLC Patients in Taiwan. Value in Health, 21(supp1), s34.