Lynn Van Campen, PhD, MS
Consultant, Zeeh Pharmaceutical Experiment Station
Managing Member, LVC LLC - consulting for pharmaceutical development for large and small pharma, including technical consulting and expert witness service
Background: Lynn was inspired through her work as a formulation chemist at Pfizer to attend graduate school in pharmaceutics here at the School of Pharmacy. Completing her doctoral research on the hygroscopicity of solids and the nature of deliquescence, she rejoined industry with Boehringer Ingelheim in Connecticut and over time took on a leadership position in the development organization there. More recently she served as VP of Pharmaceutical Development for, and later consultant to, Nektar Therapeutics (formerly Inhale Therapeutic Systems). Having worked during her industry career at both large and small drug companies, traditional and biotech, she was excited to return to campus and to lead the new Zeeh Pharmaceutical Experiment Station from 2003 to 2007. The Zeeh Station continues today to fulfill its exemplary mission of educating students and practioners in the process and science of drug development, and of providing related laboratory services and consultation to University labs, area start-up companies, and the established pharmaceutical industry.
- PhD1981 Pharmaceutics - University of Wisconsin--Madison
- MS 1979 Pharmaceutics - University of Wisconsin--Madison
- BS 1969 Chemistry - Mary Washington College of the University of Virginia
- D. C. Monkhouse, L. Van Campen and A. J. Aguiar, "Kinetics of dehydration and isomerization of prostaglandins E1 and E2." J. Pharm Sci 62:576-580 (1973).
- L. Van Campen, G. Zografi and J. T. Carstensen, "An approach to the evaluation of hygroscopicity for pharmaceutical solids," Int J Pharm 5:1-18 (1980). Review.
- L. Van Campen, G. L. Amidon and G. Zografi, "Moisture sorption kinetics for water-soluble substances I: Theoretical considerations of heat transport control." J Pharm Sci 72:1381-1388 (1983).
- L. Van Campen, G. L. Amidon and G. Zografi, "Moisture sorption kinetics for water-soluble substances II: Experimental verification of heat transport control." J Pharm Sci 72:1388-1393 (1983).
- D. C. Monkhouse and L. Van Campen, "Solid state reactions. Theoretical and experimental aspects." Drug Dev Indust Pharm 10:1175-1276 (1984). Review.
- M. J. Kontny, G. DeStefano, P. D. Jager, D. P. McNamara, J. S. Turi, L. Van Campen, "Issues surrounding MDI formulation development with non-CFC propellants," J Aerosol Med 4(3): 181-187 (1991).
- L. Van Campen and G. Venthoye, "Inhalation, Dry Powder," Chapter in 2nd Ed of The Encyclopedia of Pharmaceutical Technology, 2000.
- L. Van Campen, "Inhalation Products in Clinical Trials," Chapter in 2nd Ed., Drug Products for Clinical Trials, ed. by D. C. Monkhouse, C. Carney and J. Clark
- L. Van Campen, "The Product Development Process," Chapter 36 in Developing Solid Oral Dosage Forms: Pharmaceutical Theory and Practice, ed. by Y. Qui, Y. Chen and G.G.Z. Zhang," Elsevier Inc. 2009